Nail Tek: Foundation II - the challenge

Ahhh! The inevitable finally happened... My nails are starting to peel! *anguished*

My nails weren't perfect to start with - a little on the thin side and slightly yellowish but I had no major issues like splitting or breaking. Recently, I started to notice a little peeling each time I remove my nail polish. They are also getting increasingly yellow. Not a pretty sight at all especially when I want to go sheer. :(

After a brief googling, I've decided to give Nail Tek's Foundation II a shot.


This is what Nail Tek says about the product for "soft, peeling nails":
Nail Tek FOUNDATION fills unsightly ridges and nail damage while strengthening the natural nail. This unique base coat is a special blend of strengtheners, conditioners, micro-fibers, and natural fillers. Foundation smoothes uneven nail surfaces while helping to grow healthy, beautiful nails.
The formula is very thin and looks milky / cloudy. The brush is thin but easy to control.
The first application caught me by surprise. It dried rather quickly into a matte finish - not quite what I've come to expect from a base coat. It was smooth to the touch and feels slightly powdery (there is no actual powder on the nails).

Since I am trying out this product for the first time, I figured it is also a good time to do a little review of this much raved-about base coat. I shall give this base coat at least 2 weeks to work its magic so do look out for updates about my progress!

These are my nails on Day 0:

Only the index finger is coated with one layer of nail tek. 
Please excuse the thin and yellowish nails... Hopefully nail tek will work its magic and strengthen my nails for more polish!

Looking at my nails, I think I need a better moisturizer as well. urgh. :( Any suggestions?

xoxo

1 comments:

  1. hi I know it's abit creepy to post now on this old post but I'm new to your blog and just started looking through all your posts. hee, anw, may I know where can I get this in Singapore?

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories